A while ago I posted a recipe for baked Black Cherry Cheesecake. This is a different version for a no bake fridge cheesecake. I don’t really fancy raw eggs in a cheesecake and this recipe is egg free.
200g chocolate digestive biscuits or similar (I bake this recipe and use them in my crumb base)
85 grams butter
60 ml water
15 ml gelatine
500 grams cream cheese
5 ml vanilla essence
125 ml castor sugar
250 ml whipped cream
± 40 grams dark chocolate
1 tin black cherries
1 Tbsp Kirsch or cherry liqueur (optional)
15 ml Cornflour
- Combine biscuits and butter in a food processor. Press into the base of a 20 cm springform tin lined with baking paper. Refrigerate
- Place water in a small bowl and sprinkle with gelatin. Stand in a bowl of hot water and stir until completely dissolved. Bring to room temperature.
- Beat cream cheese, vanilla essence and sugar until smooth. Gradually add gelatin (this is the only step where things can go wrong, the cream cheese mix and the gelatin must be as close as possible to being the same temperature, if not the gelatine will set as you add it resulting in lumps or horrible texture strings).
- Fold in whipped cream. Spoon into your tin reserving about 60 ml to melt with chocolate
- Warm chocolate and cheesecake mix in the microwave until just melted, spoon on top of cheesecake and swirl in using a knife.
- Thicken the cherry juice (and Kirsch if using) with cornflour over a very low heat.
- Add cherries, allow to cool and pour over cheesecake
- Refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.