When we went on our family holiday at Brambleberry Lodge, Domi brought along a bought muffin dough, Acacia went dilly over the coffee, choc chip ones. This week I searched for a recipe and decided to try the one in South African cookbook for allergies and food intolerance book which is dairy free. However I made several changes adding dairy and replacing eggs with Orgran No Egg. This is the recipe with the changes which I made.
Cappuccino Choc Chip muffins
500 ml Cake flour (250 g)
3 ml salt
1 ml bicarbonate of soda
2 ml cream of tartar
10 ml baking powder
pinch of ground cloves
150 ml sticky brown sugar (120 g)
70 ml choc chips
60 ml instant coffee powder
50 ml water (or espresso coffee)
200 ml milk
100 ml oil
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 eggs (or equivalent egg replacer such as Orgran no egg)
- Sift together flour, salt, bicarb, cream of tartar, baking powder and cloves.
- Stir in brown sugar and choc chips
- Dissolve coffee powder in water
- Add milk, oil, vanilla and eggs to coffee.
- Add coffee mixture to dry ingredients and fold in.
- Spoon into muffin tin
- bake at 180 for 20 – 25 min until done